Yesterday I didn't know what a favicon was until I asked my husband if he could put a little picture on the tab for my blog, and he told me that it was a really complicated thing to do, because the image has to be only so many pixels... anyway, I asked if I could do it in Paint and then I started playing...
I think it looks pretty good - not perfect, but maybe I'll fix it later.
I wonder if one could start a business making favicons for people? It was really fun...
Today we spent about $100 on everything we could think of to make Celia's life a little bit more comfortable while she is sick.
The poor kid spent most of today sleeping, and although she was in much brighter spirits by late afternoon, her cough had worsened by night time and I sent my husband out for supplies.
He came home with nasal spray, a nasal aspirator, infant tylenol and a cool air humidifier for her room.
I remember the hot air humidifier that I had when I was a kid - with the gooey Vicks Vapo-rub or whatever it was called in a little top compartment that was supposed to be disbursed throughout the room while you slept. Now that I think about it, the concept seems kind of gross... anyway, it probably isn't...
Now they say (who are 'they', anyway?) that cool air is the way to go, so we bought one of those. I don't even know if they still make the hot ones...
Anyway, we set it up in her room and it makes a low humming noise - nothing loud or irritating, just the sound of something that is plugged in running. Celia has been very used to having no background noise, so I wasn't really surprised when she didn't like it.
Brian went into her bedroom after about ten minutes when she had started crying, and she was standing in her crib holding onto the side rails with one arm, while the other was pointing accusingly toward the loud scary monster in her room. He held her for a moment and assured her everything was fine, and she got over it and is now sleeping peacefully.
I pray we will not spend any more nights with a baby in the Emergency Room...
Grab My Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.pinkbears.ca" title="On Pink Bears and Pacifiers"><img src="http://www.pinkbears.ca/images/grab-my-button.png" alt="On Pink Bears and Pacifiers" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
- Making annual vacations a priority! Written by Jessica on Sunday, 14 October 2012 21:17 Daddy-Daughter and Mommy-Daughter "Date" Days
- Why did they give you an episiotomy and use a… Written by Jessica on Sunday, 14 October 2012 21:14 Clara's Birth Story
- That looks like a tonne of work! Written by Jessica on Sunday, 14 October 2012 21:12 Pregnancy Update - 38 Weeks...
- I know! I had 'cramps' with Clara, and they didn't… Written by Samantha on Friday, 12 October 2012 23:12 Pregnancy Journal
- I know the doctors tell you that you will sometimes… Written by Caylie on Friday, 12 October 2012 15:41 Pregnancy Journal
Popular Blog Posts
Losing Another Loved One...
My Growing Toddler
10 Favourite Movie/TV Characters
The Many Uses of a Household Binder...