When I discovered I was pregnant with Clara, I quickly ran out to buy 'baby's first gift' - a white onesie from the Gap with navy blue whales all over it. It was the outfit she wore home from the hospital.
This baby didn't get a gift right away - and it wasn't until this blanket showed up on sale at Indigo (I'd been eyeing it up for months...) that I finally had the perfect 'first gift' for my second daughter.
The other day we went to the zoo as it began to rain. We managed to get through the zoo without getting soaked - it only sprinkled on and off, and we had umbrellas. We had planned, however, to have a picnic at the park after we were done at the zoo. Being a very unadventurous person myself, I hoped (and assumed) that someone would recommend we ditch the picnic idea, and head over to the nearby McDonalds for a nice and dry indoor lunch.
My Mom, however - darn her enthusiasm and outdoorsy-ness - said it was hardly raining, and let's still have a picnic! Well, it began to 'really' rain, and we got a little - no, a lot - wet. My daughter, however, didn't seem to notice or care. She danced around in the rain, despite having the option of an umbrella or table to hide under, and plopped her little bum on the grass to eat her sandwich.
I really really wanted to enjoy myself - I really did - but I just can't stand being wet while fully clothed. So, I satisfied myself by attempting to seem 'neutral' so as to at least not ruin it for her.
I guess my daughter loves the rain...
Grab My Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.pinkbears.ca" title="On Pink Bears and Pacifiers"><img src="http://www.pinkbears.ca/images/grab-my-button.png" alt="On Pink Bears and Pacifiers" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
- Making annual vacations a priority! Written by Jessica on Sunday, 14 October 2012 21:17 Daddy-Daughter and Mommy-Daughter "Date" Days
- Why did they give you an episiotomy and use a… Written by Jessica on Sunday, 14 October 2012 21:14 Clara's Birth Story
- That looks like a tonne of work! Written by Jessica on Sunday, 14 October 2012 21:12 Pregnancy Update - 38 Weeks...
- I know! I had 'cramps' with Clara, and they didn't… Written by Samantha on Friday, 12 October 2012 23:12 Pregnancy Journal
- I know the doctors tell you that you will sometimes… Written by Caylie on Friday, 12 October 2012 15:41 Pregnancy Journal
Popular Blog Posts
Losing Another Loved One...
My Growing Toddler
10 Favourite Movie/TV Characters
The Many Uses of a Household Binder...