This week's Toddle Along Tuesday's topic is about Jobs - either current jobs, future jobs, or dream jobs.
For as long as I can remember, I have wanted to be a 'Mommy'. Honestly - this has been my one long-standing and consistent goal over the years. At the moment, this feels too sappy to talk about :) so I'll talk about "real" jobs...
Due to the fact that I have the attention span of about a four year old, the scariest thing I can possible imagine is doing the SAME THING for more than about a year at a time. I started University a few years back with the goal of becoming a teacher - thinking this would fit my inability to 'settle down' because I would have a looong summer break, and each year would be different from the last. I never got bored of the school schedule as a child, so I figured I wouldn't as an adult either. Financial reasons forced me to quit University while my husband was finishing his degree - and it's a good thing probably, because I don't think I want to be a teacher anymore!
Thinking back to all of the dreams and goals I've had over the years, the one consistent thing about all of them is that I've written them all down. They're displayed in journals, as short stories, as long stories, and lists. Even as my 'dreams' changed, I always had a pen in my hand, and I've always wanted to write about everything.
I took two English classes during my short time at Uni, and both professors took me aside to inform me very seriously that I NEEDED to consider pursuing an English Honours Degree. Since then, my plans of changed from author to editor and back again, but being a full-time student sounds heavenly also. The problem with this dream is that it carries with it the very real possibility of not making me any money. Authors typically don't get rich. Authors typically need a 'day job'. So, someday, when money is no object and I am done with toddlers, I will return to University for that English Honours degree and write my fool heart out!
Grab My Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.pinkbears.ca" title="On Pink Bears and Pacifiers"><img src="http://www.pinkbears.ca/images/grab-my-button.png" alt="On Pink Bears and Pacifiers" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
- Making annual vacations a priority! Written by Jessica on Sunday, 14 October 2012 21:17 Daddy-Daughter and Mommy-Daughter "Date" Days
- Why did they give you an episiotomy and use a… Written by Jessica on Sunday, 14 October 2012 21:14 Clara's Birth Story
- That looks like a tonne of work! Written by Jessica on Sunday, 14 October 2012 21:12 Pregnancy Update - 38 Weeks...
- I know! I had 'cramps' with Clara, and they didn't… Written by Samantha on Friday, 12 October 2012 23:12 Pregnancy Journal
- I know the doctors tell you that you will sometimes… Written by Caylie on Friday, 12 October 2012 15:41 Pregnancy Journal
Popular Blog Posts
Losing Another Loved One...
My Growing Toddler
10 Favourite Movie/TV Characters
The Many Uses of a Household Binder...