It's official! We can throw out half of the baby names we have picked.
But I'm not going to give it away that easily, I want to tell the story first.
We had our ultrasound on Tuesday, and instead of asking the ultrasound tech to tell us what the baby was, we gave him a nice little note card (cute enough to keep!) and asked him to write it down and put it in the envelope without telling us what it was.
I, of course, was watching the ultrasound like a hawk trying to figure out what the baby was on my own. My husband can verify that I did guess correctly, but I'm aware that I may have been looking at entirely the wrong thing and it may have been just that - a guess.
Anyway, the ultrasound tech didn't give anything away including the moment at which he made his discovery so we really had nothing to go by.
Then, we took our little card and brought it to a cupcake shop downtown and asked them to look at the card and make us three cupcakes filled with either pink or blue (as appropriate, obviously). Because their baking was completed for the day, we weren't able to get the cupcakes immediately and had to wait until the next day to find out!
It occurred to me after dropping off the card that two people - the ultrasound tech and the girl at the cupcake shop - now knew what my baby was. And I DIDN'T!!! The most difficult part was that we held on to the card - because we wanted to keep it - and I had it in my possession for an entire day. And I wasn't supposed to peek! Hardest day ever!
Anyway, I had to wait an entire day, so you can too!
Any guesses? What is this baby? A boy or a girl?
Grab My Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.pinkbears.ca" title="On Pink Bears and Pacifiers"><img src="http://www.pinkbears.ca/images/grab-my-button.png" alt="On Pink Bears and Pacifiers" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
- Making annual vacations a priority! Written by Jessica on Sunday, 14 October 2012 21:17 Daddy-Daughter and Mommy-Daughter "Date" Days
- Why did they give you an episiotomy and use a… Written by Jessica on Sunday, 14 October 2012 21:14 Clara's Birth Story
- That looks like a tonne of work! Written by Jessica on Sunday, 14 October 2012 21:12 Pregnancy Update - 38 Weeks...
- I know! I had 'cramps' with Clara, and they didn't… Written by Samantha on Friday, 12 October 2012 23:12 Pregnancy Journal
- I know the doctors tell you that you will sometimes… Written by Caylie on Friday, 12 October 2012 15:41 Pregnancy Journal
Popular Blog Posts
Losing Another Loved One...
My Growing Toddler
10 Favourite Movie/TV Characters
The Many Uses of a Household Binder...