Okay, so this picture has nothing to do with the events of last night, but it's adorable and I wanted to include it.
So last night, I decided to give Celia a bath with bubbles for the first time. We discovered awhile back that she was a little bit afraid of bubbles, and I didn't really want to push it, but seriously - what kid doesn't like a good bubble bath?!? So I wanted her to learn that they can be fun.
So I filled the tub with water and bubbles.
She doesn't really like baths anyway, but when she looked into the tub and saw the bubbles, she said 'No, no, no...' and tried to run away.
Then I asked her if she wanted Mommy to come with her. She said yes, but it was still a bit of a struggle to get her undressed. We both did land in the tub, however, and although she did get a bit more used to the water, she was never entirely comfortable.
At the end of the bath, I thought it would be nice to 'reward' her by letting her wear a bathrobe that she received when she was born and only now was she big enough to fit into it. So, I pulled out the robe and put it on her to wear while I was getting myself dressed. She was thrilled.
She ran to the living room where one of our closets has mirrored doors, and paraded herself in front of it, admiring her new bathrobe.
As I listened from the other room, I heard my husband's voice say worriedly "Oh, Celia... no..."
Then I heard a loud 'smack!'.
And then I heard Celia cry.
She came running back to me, in horrified tears, as my husband explained that she had peed on the floor, which is when he had spoken her name. She had then proceeded to try to get away from it, slipping in the liquid in the process and landing directly in it. She was soaked in pee - and so was her brand new bathrobe.
She was absolutely devastated when I pulled off the bathrobe, and even more angry when I then put her back in the bathtub, which had not yet been drained.
Worst. Bedtime. Ever.
Grab My Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.pinkbears.ca" title="On Pink Bears and Pacifiers"><img src="http://www.pinkbears.ca/images/grab-my-button.png" alt="On Pink Bears and Pacifiers" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
- Making annual vacations a priority! Written by Jessica on Sunday, 14 October 2012 21:17 Daddy-Daughter and Mommy-Daughter "Date" Days
- Why did they give you an episiotomy and use a… Written by Jessica on Sunday, 14 October 2012 21:14 Clara's Birth Story
- That looks like a tonne of work! Written by Jessica on Sunday, 14 October 2012 21:12 Pregnancy Update - 38 Weeks...
- I know! I had 'cramps' with Clara, and they didn't… Written by Samantha on Friday, 12 October 2012 23:12 Pregnancy Journal
- I know the doctors tell you that you will sometimes… Written by Caylie on Friday, 12 October 2012 15:41 Pregnancy Journal
Popular Blog Posts
My Growing Toddler
The Many Uses of a Household Binder...
Mother's Day Weekend
Audrey at 6 Months Old!
Forced Break from Blogging